I have fallen in love with the latest trend…matte liquid lipsticks. I am absolutely terrible when it comes to reapplying lipstick. These have been a life saver for me. Before these I basically wore lipstick the first hour or so of each day and that was it!
I own two liquid lipsticks, the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick and the NYX Lip Lingerie. I purchased the Kat Von D first in the shade Lovesick. I always gravitate toward mauve colors and fell in love with this color. I also really needed a good nude color so I purchased the NYX Lip Lingerie in Corset.
Here are a few of my pros and cons for each:
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick
- great color selection
- the applicator is small and wide making application easy
- very drying (even with chapstick)
- color doesn’t seem to last as long
- expensive; selling for $20.00 at Sephora
NYX Lip Lingerie Lipstick
- comfortable on my lips; not too drying
- I can apply in the morning and it lasts most of the day
- very affordable at only $6.99 at Ulta
- the applicator is too long and not very wide
- the color range is small and mostly shades of nudes
My favorite and daily go to is most definitely the NYX Lip Lingerie! However, I do wear the Kat Von D when my outfit or makeup look calls for a change in color. I really do love this color! But the NYX is my overall winner in this match up for two main reasons. One, it is just a more comfortable formula to wear and is not as drying. Two, the price!! At a regular price of only $6.99, the NYX is a lot more affordable.
What are some of the liquid lipstick you have tried? Which is your favorite?